10 Ideas for Content on Social Media for the Holidays!
Whether it's frosting holiday cookies or lighting up your house with Christmas lights, it seems that everyone is in the holiday spirit. Not everyone celebrates Christmas, but it's crucial for brands to get into the holidays because the biggest sales happen right now! Consumers say they will spend an average of $1,007.24, according to the National Retail Federation. That is a pretty big number for a single consumer! Marketing is also at its highest this season, with ads on social media as being the most competitive it has been all year, and most people are already getting bombarded with email promos from their favorite stores. What are you doing on social media to get those high ticket clients and customers?
The Holidays Are Here! It's Time to Step Up Your Content!
1. Re-do your pages to spread the love of the holidays! It doesn't have to be just a Christmas time thing. In India, they celebrate Diwali, so oil lamps and maybe something surrounding the fight over good versus evil story line that goes along with that particular holiday. You can also do a Hanukkah style theme if your audience is mostly Jewish. If you have a very diverse crowd, just stick to a Winter theme. You can't go wrong with hot chocolate, snowmen, and gingerbread houses!
2. Tis the season of giving! While it is the biggest sale season of the year, it is also a great time to give back. What is your favorite charity? Do you like to volunteer at the food bank every month? Do you run coat drives at your office this time of year? This is a great time to tell everyone about it on social media! Not just that, it's also a great way to get your audience involved in giving back as well. Running a BOGO where you buy three yoga classes and get three off, and for every yoga class you buy $1 goes to charity, is a great start to this sort of campaign.
3. Going live with the holiday versions of your products or services! Do you have a special holiday promo in mind for your service or product? It's a great time to come up with one! Those in the fitness industry can release a great live video series on how you can keep fit during the holidays with all of that unhealthy food around. If you are a holistic coach, you can give holiday tips on how to live stress-free during the holiday madness. If you are a medical practice, you can go live on how to prevent injuries or heal minor bruises your patients might get from fighting the line at the mall during those holiday sales.
4. Post your holiday hours! This might seem like a no-brainer, but you will be surprised with how many DON'T do this. Create a cool holiday graphic in Canva (there are awesome templates in there) and post your holiday hours with your logo. This way no one is calling or emailing you while you are out spending time with your family.
5. Create a countdown for the holidays! It doesn't matter what you are celebrating, you can always create some sort of countdown for a holiday. If you don't celebrate the holidays you can always do a New Years countdown! This can become an amazing promo for your products or services.
6. Humble brag about your wins! Social media has become a notorious place to humble brag about little things, but if you had some legitimate wins this year show them off! Be proud of what your business has accomplished this year, and share your goals for 2019. There are a ton of ways you can go about doing this; Live stream, regular video, graphics or even a blog (haha)
7. Highlight your testimonials or if you don't have testimonials yet, get video (written is fine too) of your clients or customers on what they are grateful for this year. Nurturing your audience who have been loyal to you and to your page is key to getting more people to like and follow your pages on social media. This is a great way to do it!
8. Get personal! I do speak about this on some of my previous posts, but as a CEO it is super important for people to get to know you as the person behind the company. Talk about why the holidays are important to you. If you have a family, talk about your traditions as a family and tie that back to your company in whatever way feels comfortable to you. This is how you connect with your audience on social media!
9. Share a heartwarming story! It's the holidays and it's all about those warm fuzzy feelings. Create a video, graphics or even a live stream about a story you felt connected to this season. It doesn't have to be directly from your company (although it would be nice) it can be a story that went viral, or even a personal story. Whatever you pick make sure it relates back to your mission statement!
10. Don't forget to say Happy Holidays! You can also say Merry Christmas, Happy Diwali, Happy Kwanzaa, Happy Hanukkah , or simply stick to Happy Holidays or if your audience is not into the holidays (not judging at all, well kind of lol) you can simply say "Tis the Season!" or "May this season bring joy and happiness to you all!" Make sure to put your own spin on it!
Coming up with holiday campaigns can be a real pain, but that is what SPB Productions is for! We unburden you from the stress of coming up with social media campaigns for the holiday season and we can get your social media pages to that next level you know it can be! Are you interested? You can schedule your FREE discovery call with SPB Productions today, and we can help give your pages that boost it needs during the holidays!